"lavoir" wrote : I been dealing with a few eclipse errors during reverse
engineering, but its been fun looking at the tool work.

What errors occured? Please report bugs to Hibernate Tools JIRA.

"lavoir" wrote : I assume only One to many relationships are supported.

Right.

(I never use many-to-many anyway, sometimes i think it's an abomination.)

"lavoir" wrote : I m a was a little confused when I sa  the *Selector  files.
Static EJB classes in interfaces? Anywhere I can read up on that?

I am trying to implement a bit of polymorphism, so that I can use the same
functionality in the "search for X" pages as in all the "select X for Y" pages.
(JSF does not make this kind of thing extremely easy to do.)

Basically this is just a strategy pattern. Pretend the inner classes are just
toplevel classes, I'm only generating them into the same file because I
couldn't figure out how to generate a file for each association in the reverse
engineering templates. I have to ask Max about that.

I can definatetly see using this tool to get prototypes of the ground quickly,
in fact, Id be quite curious to time how long it took me to create a tada list
experiment.

"lavoir" wrote : why was JSP chosen over facelets?

No good reason. I need to make this settable.

"lavoir" wrote : I couldnt help notice the generate DAO option on the
generation tool, wouldnt it be nice that if you selected seam and DAO option,
that is what you would get? :)

I dunno, I'm coming to the conclusion that the DAO pattern is just overkill for
these kinds of crud applications. EntityManager _is_ a DAO ;-)

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3914369#3914369

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3914369