In the beta 1 release of Seam, I fussed and worried about what was the best way
to specify a jBPM transition. Eventually I settled on the @Transition
annotation, like so:

@Transition
  | private String transition;
  |

  | @EndTask
  | public String myActionListener() {
  |    transition = "approved";
  |    return "success";
  | }

In beta 2, I've discovered a few other things which are kinda similar. We need
ways to:

(1) Set the jBPM actorId
(2) Set the conversation description and outcome for conversation switching
(3) Set the conversation timeout

And I'm quite sure new things like these will pop up as we evolve.

Rather than introducing annotations for all these things, I'm now inclined
toward a pattern like this:

@In Transition transition;

  | @EndTask
  | public String myActionListener() {
  |    transition.setName("approved");
  |    return "success";
  | }

And:

@In Actor actor;

  | public String login() {
  |    actor.setId( user.userName() );
  |    return "success";
  | }

And so I've removed the @Transition annotation from CVS.

One advantage of this is it lets me group related things (eg. converstaion
switching stuff) into a single API, instead of spreading them across multiple
annotations.

Does anyone object to this, or think the previous approach was much better?

P.S. Because I noticed that it was *very* common for people to make @EndTask
methods which always resulted in the same transition, I'm also supporting the
following:

@EndTask(transition="approved")
  | public String myActionListener() {
  |    return "success";