mholzner wrote :
  | the content type interceptor determines the content type that the browser
requested / can handle

I guess I'm just not seeing how the ContentTypeInterceptor actually does what
you said.

  | try
  |       {
  |          // Set UTF-8 for parameter decoding
  |          HttpServletRequest req =
invocation.getRequest().getContext().getClientRequest();
  |          req.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");
  |       }
  |       catch (UnsupportedEncodingException e)
  |       {
  |          throw new InvocationRuntimeException("Cannot set request
encoding", e);
  |       }
  |
  |       // Configure the stream info
  |       HTTPStreamInfo info = new HTTPStreamInfo(MediaType.HTML, "UTF-8");
  |       ServerResponse resp = invocation.getResponse();
  |       resp.setStreamInfo(info);
  |
  |       // Continue invocation
  |       invocation.invokeNext();

It seems to just set the allowed MediaType to HTML. So even if I make a request
from the client with a content type of text/xml and I have a portlet which
supports that content type and i try to set the content type of the response to
text/xml in the portlet there is the check  of the requested media type against
the response media type (set by the ContentTypeInterceptor to always be HTML)
at line 76 of org.jboss.portal.portlet.impl.RenderResponseImpl. text/xml is not
a supported subtype of HTML (rightly so) and so the check fails and throws the
IllegalArgumentException.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3915334#3915334

Reply to the post :