Hello Alex
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote : Gerhard,

  | Your work sounds really cool! It has a slight disadvantage, tough: it is
Visio-based, not web-based :-(

Visio is not webbased, that's true and this could be a disadvantage. It was a
requirement of our customer to use Visio. But you know, it's also nice to work
with Visio, because you can add different templates (stencil-templates) to
design processes and you don't have to change your own designer for new
templates (e.g: changing the GPD for BPEL support). This is the meaning of
"define your own template".
And for BPEL there are different designer existing (I don't know if they are
free to use?). Why not focus on the Business Intelligence - the management of
the processes in the workflow-engine? That was one important thing in our
thesis. Why should we develop a own designer if there are 1000 on the market
yet? It's better to speed-up, optimize, extend and maintain the basic - our
AIBP software or your jBPM Workflow-Engine Core.

Extension for BPEL in AIBP
What do we (AIBP Projectteam) have to do if we like to work with BPEL instead
of ARIS EPC? We define our processes in Visio with the BPEL or the own stencil
template. After this, we have to extend the configuration file on the AIBP
Webservice with the new Shape ID's (GUID) to know, if its a swimlane,
organisation, function... Optionally we can extend the AIBP Client with new
functions for BPEL and deploy the process at the end to jBPM. It's clear, there
couldn't be all BPEL elements used for jBPM. But the jBPM WE is growing and
perhaps this will be possible soon.

There will be a new thesis next year where the extension of AIBP with BPEL will
be implemented.

One question: What is your incentive to develop a webbased process designer?

Regards
Gerhard

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3915343#3915343