If the DLL is being used by different native methods defined in the .war and
in the .jar, then you may be in trouble.  I suspect you will need to get all
of the native methods that use the DLL into one place (e.g. one jar).

We are still using 4.0.2.  I don't know if 4.0.3 will affect this.
We are initializing (calling AHelpers.loadGCOSLibraries()) from an MBean,
in the start() method of the MBean.  Classes loaded by an MBean are generally
pretty visible to other JBoss classloaders.  We are calling them from .jars
and ejbs.  I don't think we've specifically tried .wars.

(I don't remember exactly which class loader is used for the MBean, you
can dig into the JBoss documentation for details.  It looks like maybe now
you can even specify the class loader you want to use.
See http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4guide/r4/html/
particularly sections 2.2 and 2.4.2.)

The disadvantage of using an MBean is that it is not hot deployable
(although the native DLL itself will never be hot deployable).

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3916929#3916929

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3916929