Yeap, this is bug! The problem appears when the BarrierController is destroyed
*before* the 'stop' notification has been received:

  |    protected void destroyService()
  |    {
  |       // unsubscribe for notifications
  |       unsubscribe();
  |
  |       try
  |       {
  |          // implicitly call the ServiceController
  |          barrier.destroy();
  |
  |          // remove from MBeanServer
  |          getServer().unregisterMBean(barrierName);
  |       }
  |       catch (Throwable e)
  |       {
  |          log.debug("Unexpected error during destroy", e);
  |       }
  |
  |       // cleanup
  |       barrier = null;
  |    }

barrier.destroy() should implicitly stop the barrier first, but that was
another bug that was fixed in JBoss 4.0.3RC2:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-2022

The obvious workaround is to add a barrier.stop() before the destroy, but I'll
try to see if can use an additional notification as the stop signal, stay tuned:

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3917335#3917335

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3917335