anonymous wrote :
  | Note that the javaagent is only available on JDK 1.4

Sorry, that should read
anonymous wrote :
  | Note that the javaagent is only available on JDK 5

but it seems you have figured that one out.

anonymous wrote :
  | What can be wrong?

Well, what is your problem? Are you still seeing the crimson/xerces error?

Since you are using JDK 5, you should make sure that you undeploy the
jboss-aop.deployer and add the jboss-aop-jdk50.deployer from the aop
distribution if you have not already done so.

Which version of jboss-aop are you using? JBoss 4.0.1sp 1 is quite old,
possibly using by default an older version of aop, the EnableLoadTimeWeaving
stuff is new (IIRC from aop 1.3 onwards) and explain why it is having no
effect. (I would verify the dates but sourceforge isn't working)

anonymous wrote :
  | The jboss-service.xml in JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy

It should be the one in
JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/jboss-aop-jdk50.deployer/META-INF

Try the "injboss" tutorial example that comes with the aop distribution as a
sanity check to see if you have got everything set up properly.

Your run.sh should not need to define the pluggablejar stuff, all you should
add to your run.sh is:

  | set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dprogram.name=%PROGNAME%
-javaagent:pluggable-instrumentor.jar

There are a few posts in the "Design of JBoss AOP" forum regarding this already
so have a look there if you haven't done so already (This user forum is quite
new)

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3917905#3917905

Reply to the post :