Im trying to use a Detached Criteria to make my queries. But I ran into a
problem. Here I describe the situation

I have this class with the parameters to make the search, where I also define a
Detached Criteria . that later on I 'll use on my session bean

@Name("searchParameters")

  | public DetachedCriteria getSearchCriteria()
  |          {
  |
  |             searchCriteria = DetachedCriteria.forClass(CAROPrince.class);
  |
  |             if (contains != null)
  |               {
  |                     searchCriteria.add(Restrictions.ilike("code", contains,
MatchMode.ANYWHERE));
  |               }
  |
  | return searchCriteria;
  |     }

then I have a bean PrinceSearchAction

  | public class PrinceSearchAction implements Serializable, PrinceSearch
  |   {
  |     @PersistenceContext(unitName = "princes")
  |     private Session session;
  |
  |     @PostConstruct
  |     public void setSession()
  |       {
  |       HibernateUtil.setSession(session);
  |       }
  |
  |    @In(required = false, create = true)
  |     private CAROPrince prince;
  |
  |     @In(required = false, create = true)
  |     PrinceSearchParameters searchParameters;
  |
  |     @Out(required = false)
  |     private List<CAROPrince> returnprinces;
  |

  |  public String findPrinces()
  |       {
  |         try
  |           {
  |                     DetachedCriteria searchCriteria =
searchParameters.getSearchCriteria();
  |                     Criteria crit =
searchCriteria.getExecutableCriteria(session);
  |                     crit.setMaxResults(100);
  |                 returnprinces = crit.list();
  |          }
  |
  |      if (returnprinces.size()>0)
  |               {
  |                 return "found";
  |               }
  |             else
  |               {
  |                 return "notfound";
  |               }
  |
  | catch ( Exception e )
  |           {/**
  |              * TODO:Implement error handeling when looking for princes in
the future :)
  |              */
  |              e.printStackTrace();
  |             return "error";
  |           }
  |     }

WELL, there is always problems when we search for a prince, but my problem is
exacly in this line
 -> Criteria crit = searchCriteria.getExecutableCriteria(session);

And I get the following exception :

INFO  [STDOUT] java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.jboss.ejb3.entity.InjectedHibernateSession
17:31:38,015 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
org.hibernate.criterion.DetachedCriteria.getExecutableCriteria(DetachedCriteria.java:52)
17:31:38,015 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
py.com.wpg.CooPy.contractManagement.ejb.ContractSearchAction.findContracts(ContractSearchAction.java:103)
17:31:38,015 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
17:31:38,015 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
17:31:38,015 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
17:31:38,015 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
17:31:38,015 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:109)

What Im doing wrong? Is that a correct way to use the detachedCriteria?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3917922#3917922

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3917922