Hello,

Supose we have an EntityBean called Person.java

Person.java

private Long id;
private String name;
private Country country;

A Second Entity obiously is Country :)

Country.java

private Long id;
private String name;

And finally we have a method called savePerson which uses EJB 3.0 API
internally, so

public savePerson(String name, long countryId) {
}

MI QUESTION:

We have only countryId, but not the entire object Country, so
is necesary retrieve first the Country object from database using entitymanager?

is posible avoid this foo step and use a proxy or what ever you like?

in hibernate is posible using load() i think, but i like avoid use hibernate
api explicity (in my source code)

thanks in advance

kodaky

View the original post :