Hello,

JBossManagedConnectionPool is behaving differently between 3.2.6 and 4.0.2.

I have an application that is using MySQL streaming result sets. The MySQL
version is 4.0.20a and the Connector/J version is 3.1.6.

In some cases I have embedded queries. In other words, I scroll through the
first result set and, for each row, perform another query that also returns a
streaming result set. When performing this second (embedded) query, the
DataSource is asked for a connection. In JBoss 3.2.6 it gives me a new
connection, i.e. not the one associated with the outer result set. In JBoss
4.0.2 it gives me the same connection [getUnderlyingConnection() was used to
determine this]. Because MySQL stipulates you cannot have more than one
streaming result set in use on the same connection, the code fails on JBoss
version 4.0.2.

I thought that maybe class implementing ManagedConnectionPool had changed
between the versions, but it appears to be JBossManagedConnectionPool in both
cases.

So perhaps the code has changed between the versions - but on looking at
JBossManagedConnectionPool.java, it is the same in both 3.2.6 and 4.0.2, apart
from one very small unrelated change. InternalManagedConnectionPool.java are
also the same in both versions.

In both 3.2.6 and 4.0.2, the sub-pool being used is PoolBySubject.

Could someone please tell me why therefore I am seeing the different behaviour
between JBoss 3.2.6 and 4.0.2?

Many Thanks,
Bob

View the original post :