I am not sure what the do then???  The output you see is exactly what is
thrown, so I am now at a loss to explain.

A couple of observations from our testing here that may help (or not!):

1.  We are using JDK 1.5.0_06 from Sun.  We backed this back to 1.4.2_06
(Jrockit From Bea) and tested again.  All of our "Finder" based exceptions went
away (See the stack track from the finder exceptions is the first post).  I
have not idea why backing down the JVM would cause that.

2.  With the old JVM in place (1.4.2_06) I then tried changing the
JAASCacheTimeout settings from the current setting of 30 to 300 seconds.  Most
of the getPrincipal null pointers also seemed to disappear also.

So Why would the JAAS cached timeout affect/cause NullPointers?

and, why would change the JVM back to an older version cause all of the finder
exceptions to go away?

None of this makes sence unless I am missing something simple in our
config/deployment.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3918746#3918746

Reply to the post :