Hi Gavin

Unfortuneatly I know the EntityManager em (Factory) exists as I can see it
being deployed, and it is used in many other places in my application.

I thought the problem could be in one of two areas:

1. I have an ejb3 and a war packaged inside an ear. Obviously the converter is
being called from within the war, is it possible to instantiate a seam
component in the war file. I know that I had classpath issues (with converters)
(to resolve this I created a ejbclient.jar which is imported into the war). I
imagine it could be using the class file from the jar rather than the ejb3?  I
am also using RepositoryLocatorURL = local for my deployments.

2. Could it be that seam components are not injected by the time it gets the
conversion phase in the jsf lifecycle?

Now I have written it down, I imagine it is more likely to be 1.

How have other people got round seam component type jsf converters and
classpath issues between ejb3 and war deployements.

Many thanks,

James

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3918827#3918827