Hello,
I have a small concept app I m building with Seam.
I m trying to figure out what is the best way to handle a scenario where a
number of classes which have a parent/child relationship to each other are also
properties of a certain class.

To  illustrate, here is a small example where this scenario may occur.
Lets say we have a Address class that looks like this:

  | @Entity
  | class Address {
  |     private Country country;
  |     private State state;
  |     private City city;
  | }
  |
  | @Entity
  | class Country {
  |     private State[] state;
  | }
  |
  | @Entity
  | class State {
  |     private Country country;
  |     private City[] city;
  | }
  |
  | @Entity
  | class City {
  |     private State state;
  | }

The idea here is that these classes are all properties of the Address class,
yet all these properties have a parent/Child relationship to one another.

Classes Country/State/City maybe used as:
- Drop down menus
- in drill down screens from Country->State->City->AddressList
- Constraints on on the Address class. (Entering a City that is not part of a
certain State).

I d really like to hear peoples thoughts on this matter, I been trying to
identify documentation from various sources to make sure this is a good idea or
not, but havent seen this scenario yet, wich gives me doubts about its
viability.

Would it be better to  use a Categorize class or something to store association
as opposed to having the association on the object in this case?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3918845#3918845

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3918845