I am still unable to get the seam extended persistence manager working with the
embedded ejb container in tomcat.
Output on startup:

INFO  23-01 21:22:12,414 (SettingsFactory.java:buildSettings:283)  -Default
entity-mode: pojo
INFO  23-01 21:22:12,557 (SessionFactoryImpl.java::153)  -building session
factory
INFO  23-01 21:22:13,391 (SessionFactoryObjectFactory.java:addInstance:82)
-Not binding factory to JNDI, no JNDI name configured

I have specified the 'org.jboss.seam.core.init.managedPersistenceContexts' and
the 'entityManager.persistenceUnitJndiName' in the web.xml

I have specified the "jndiName" as set to the data source in the
jboss-beans.xml.

I have set the 'jta-data-source' tag, and the
"jboss.entity.manager.factory.jndi.name" property in the persistence.xml.

What else can there possibly be? I am just about ready to give up on seam
altogether and use Shale or have to run jbossAS which I REALLY don't want to do
(for a relatively small site, JBoss is major overkill and takes way too long to
start and debug on).

Can the issues example be configured to work on tomcat with the embedded
container, or can the booking example be changed to use seam managed
persistence managers? I am shocked to see that most of the examples don't use
the extended manager, as the reasons mentioned in the reference documentation
seem to make the point that seam managed persistence should always be used (for
lazy loading for example).

A full solution would be very greatly appreciated (examples of all the
configuration files) unless you know for sure what is wrong.

Sorry once again for the hassle, but there is no documentation on using the
seam extended persistence manager that I can use to learn from except for the
issues example which is not setup for any platform but JBossAS.

Thank you very much

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3919255#3919255

Reply to the post :