Hello all,

i don't find this way very clean (but perhaps my poor english understanding
helped :) ).

I think we shall better consider the use of ant (jakarta.apache.org) , this
software greatly enhances project management and automates many tasks for
programmers such as compilation.

I used to have a big projet (~15000 classes) that was compiled through a
hierarchy of makefiles. When we used the ant, i took us 10 minutes to write a
project file that compiled all thoses classes in a shot !

There are many other features in ant that JDE should rely on (such as jar
making, deployement, rmic, javadoc, etc, etc).

Why don't we look forward a more symbiotic use of JDE and ant as those
projects are really complementary. (~poor english :) ) ?

This would allow all jde coders to get rid of a lot of work (for management
tasks) and would let us focus on making a full-featured IDE.

Stéphane