[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> > Also, executable-find is *not* in the standard Emacs (20.7)
> > distribution.  I
> > don't know what the original poster might have been thinking of.
>
> I do, because in my emacs-20-7.tar.gz source-distribution
> (Gnu Emacs 20.7) is in lisp/progmodes/executable.el the
> fuunction 'executable-find'.
> Do you have a different 20.7 distribution? :-)
>
> Klaus

Ah.  I see the problem.

executable-find is not marked with a ';;;###autoload'.  That's curious,
because a couple of other functions in the file are.  Presumably an oversight.

In any case, it's not in loaddefs.el, doesn't show up in
        M-x apropos
and can't be used unless you first do a
        (require 'executable)
(which jde does).