Mark:
I agree 100%.  It takes the JDE to another level.

Paul:
I like the idea of including it in the JDE distribution.

Just a few points about why I like it better with jde than speedbar (which
is also excellent btw):
- since it is all in one window, it truly works where ever emacs works.
(i.e. tty, OS X, win, et.c.)
- in general i am more productive to use keyboard shortcuts but this
constitutes appropriate use of the mouse (imho),  when not in a tty or on OS
X of course.

Mark Abrams