----- Original Message -----
From: "David Fellows" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> None of the world's existing prj.el files contains an invocation of
>  (jde-load-outer-project-file). In my understanding of your suggestion
> this would ensure that no search for outer prj.el files would occur.
> This is the reverse of current behaviour.  To maintain existing behaviour
> they will have to be modified.
>
> Perhaps the added flexibility of your scheme is worth the conversion cost,
> perhaps not.

Aha... I get it now. You are talking about the hierarchical prj.el files
that people
have set up since Paul introduced the features. I was thinking that has been
recent change and I am not sure how many people have setup their projects
that way yet.
Therefore few of the world's existing prj.el files will have to be
converted. One time
convertion filter could easily written to handle that.

First off I am not sure if people liked the idea of something like
(jde-load-outer-project-file).
Second it may be too late now.

Thanks for your clarification.

regards,
sandip

PS: Yup, how many time we have run into 'once it is out there - it is a
standard'.