I don't know if anyone responded to you already.

For what is worth I ran into this problem too.

In my case, it turns out that if you set the
compilation-window-height to a value that is less
than the number of line it takes for the command running
in the compilation window the scroll output does not work.

In other words, running the java class calls something like:
cd c:/your directory
javaw -classpath "large classpath taking around 12 lines" MyJavaClass

In this case setting the compilation-window-height to anything less than 12
will
cause the output not to scroll properly.

Quick fix: set the compilation-window-height to a larger value. or don't set
it
at all.

If anyone has a real fix to this please, let me know.

Javier