Eric Chastan wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm using JDE  (with ECB) very intensively and I have a suggestion about
> the jde-complete-at-point* commands:
>     1) First I think that it is not useful to have several times the
> same method with different signatures in the menu because this increases
> dramaticaly the menu size and then it is not very efficient to scroll in
> it.
>     2) Second writing the parameter types when the method is inserted is
> also very unefficient because this implies to go back, delete types and
> rewrite parameters. I think that the better is  to insert the opening
> "(" and the closing ")" and to set the cursor between them.
>
>     On a other hand providing the parameter types is very useful so the
> solution could be to have an other popup that raises when the cursor is
> between the "()" that shows all possible parameters types (only showing
> them without allowing selection).
>
> What do you think about this suggestion ?
> Is it possible to have customizable variables that disable method
> signatures in menu and suppress parameter types on insertion ?
>  Thanks,
> Eric.

I like having the menu showing the parameters (how about a submenus for
those methods with the same name but different argument types?) but I
agree that it would be nice to have it optional whether to insert the
method types. I would also like it configurable whether to insert a
space between the method name and opening '(' i.e. foo ( (to comply with
our coding standards!) Whereabouts in JDE works out what to return and
how to format it?

As an aside java-font-lock20a.el with jde seems to do a slightly better
job of fontifying. It does some underlining in comments and seems to
handle fontifying over multiple lines better. It was written by
> ;; [original] Regexps written with help from Fred White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> and
> ;; Anders Lindgren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
> ;;; 1999.03.26 Modifications by CarlManning ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

Nick