> How do I turn off abbreviations in JDE?  When I type "if" then a
> space, it expands the parens and curlies for me.  When I type
> "br", it expands to "break".  I don't know how to turn this off.
> When I click JDE->Project->Options->General, I make sure that Jde
> Enable Abbrev Mode is off.
After doing the above customization
do M-x jde-mode so the abbrev-mode get reset.
(This is just a workaround, the customization setting should
take care of updating so that this does not need to be done)

Optionally you can just do M-x jde-abbrev-mode or
M-x abbrev-mode to turn on/off abbreviations without changing
the settings.

Javier