Javier,

Well, I cleaned up my project files, and cleaned up my .emacs, now I see the
only issue being that if an import is collapsed, the completion doesn't
appear to correctly parse the import, e.g. I have in my source:

import javax.servlet.http.*;

public void doGet( HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
response )
        throws IOException, ServletException
{

        request.

}

Attempting to complete request. results in:

Could not find type of request.  Attempt to import HttpServletRequest (y or
n)

If I say yes, the class gets imported successfully, and I get the correct
completion menu, if I select no, I get:

Could not find type of HttpServletRequest

and it fails.

Jeff