"Paul Kinnucan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> At 06:52 PM 8/16/2001 +0200, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> >Sounds great - but is there not a method for adding such templates
> >programattically as an extension to the current buffer-templates ?
> >The custom-set-variables should only be used in .emacs, should it not ?
> >

> Yes, there is. Customize jde-gen-buffer-templates to add a template to the
> JDE New->Other list.

Yes - but that is something that I only know to do manually through the
custimization interface.
My questions is - how do you do that programmatically ?

I would think there should be a programmatic interface like this:

(add-to-list 'jde-gen-buffer-templates my-own-buffer-template)

But the above line does not work :( (probably because it ignores the :set
function on the defcustom of jde-gen-buffer-templates)
If it worked it would make it possible to add such buffer-templates without
modifying jde-gen.el or require the user to manually copy-paste the template
into the customization work.

Regards
 Max