Hi there

Yes - I had exactly the same problem.

I think you may have a soft link to the directory where the java source code is.

Hence when you load a file it can load through 2 paths and think that it is a file with the same name in 2 different directories and hence two different files.

The best solution is to use emacs instead of xemacs as emacs seems to know it is the same file.

Failing this you need to make sure you always load through the same path as xemacs - this is difficult as the debugger also loads files.

Or shift you source code to a directory not on a softlink.

Bye R.

Shashank wrote:

Hi !

If I am editing a  java source file.  and then try to compile it
Control( c v c)

the modeline shows File with same name but number 2 . meaning it opens
up second buffer with same name and all changes are affected in this new
buffer.

How to stop this creation of new buffer file.

take care,
Shashank

--
Dr R Jorre