Douglas WF Acheson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Paul,
>
> Here is the modifications to jde-ant.el.  I do not know how to add them
> to CVS, do not know that I want that power :-).  The changes are easy
> just add the code found below to jde-ant.el and make this change in
> jde-ant.el:

You should send off a diff... aka

diff -u jde-ant.el jde-ant.el.bak

> replace
>   (setq ant-command
>     (concat jde-ant-program " -Dbuffer=" buffer-file-name " "))
> with
>     (if (string= (car jde-ant-invocation-style) "Script")
>     ; then
>       (setq ant-command
>         (concat jde-ant-program " -Dbuffer=" buffer-file-name " "))
>     ; else
>       (setq ant-command
>         (concat "java " (jde-ant-build-classpath) " "
>                  jde-ant-class " -Dbuffer=" buffer-file-name " "))
>     )

- -1.  I don't like this approach.  It should be possible to rework this so that
the use of 'java' vs 'ant' could be detected at runtime.  AKA if there is an
'ant' script in the PATH, use it, else use java.

Also... should be include ant.jar with the JDE???

>   To use jde-ant via Java invocation the user must specify where the ant jar
> files are located through the jde-ant-dir variable. And where the jdk is
> located via the jde-ant-jdk-dir variable.  These are the only two defcustom
> variables that need to be set.  Once that is done the user is off to the
> races.

yeah... again -1.  Too much user interaction :(.  This stuff can be done with
code.

>   I have tested it out only with XEmacs and Win2k.  I am fairly sure it will
> work regardless, says here in fine print :-)
<snip>

Kevin
- --

   Need a good Engineer?  Hire me!  ( Java | P2P | XML | Linux | Open Source )

Kevin A. Burton ( [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] )
        Jabber - [EMAIL PROTECTED],  Web - http://relativity.yi.org

Hiroshima 1945, Czernobyl 1986, Windows 2000