I've changed the following lines in jde-ant
     (if (not (string= jde-ant-args ""))
-        (setq ant-command (concat ant-command " " jde-ant-args)))
+        (setq ant-command (concat ant-command jde-ant-args " ")))

     (if (not (string= more-args ""))
-        (setq ant-command (concat ant-command " " more-args)))
+        (setq ant-command (concat ant-command more-args " ")))

this was because arguments were coming out like
-Dant.home=$ANT_HOME-emacs
instead of
-Dant.home=$ANT_HOME -emacs

I also have a problem trying to run ant in server mode I get the following
error
Symbol's value as variable is void: compilation-enter-directory-regexp-alist

Comparing this to jde-compile it appears that it has something to do
with xemacs vs emacs but I don't quite understand what is going on.  I
am trying to do this under XEmacs, I would be glad to help if someone
can explain what is going on exactlly.

Brad

--
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
                        you know where to find it