Hi all,

[...]
> I've experienced this problem as well.  A quick grep of my *.el files yields
> the following:
>
> ./semantic-1.4beta8/semantic-java.el:    (set (make-local-variable
> 'block-comment-end) "\\s-*\\*/")
>
> This is in the function semantic-default-java-setup and is preceded by the
> comment ";; Needed by `semantic-find-doc-snarf-comment'."
> semantic-find-doc-snarf-comment is defined in semantic-util.el.  I'm not
> sure, but it seems to me that semantic is using block-comment-end for other
> than its intended purpose.  Quoting from its declaration in simple.el:
>
> "*String to insert to end a new comment on a line by itself.
> Should be an empty string if comments are terminated by end-of-line.
> If nil, use `comment-end' instead."
>
> Semantic seems to be using the variable as a regexp pattern match (if my
> lisp reading is correct).
[...]

You're right, this is a nasty bug in semantic-java.el (java.bnf).  I checked the way
`semantic-find-doc-snarf-comment' works and,
for Java, it actually does not need `block-comment-end' at all.  I will fix this for
Semantic beta 12.  For now you can safely
remove the line

 (set (make-local-variable 'block-comment-end) "\\s-*\\*/")

from `semantic-default-java-setup' in semantic-java.el.

Thanks!
David