Hm, well, that doesn't give me any good clues, I'm afraid. What is going
wrong is that the Emacs side of JDEbug doesn't connect to the Java side, so
the Java side times out. For your further troubleshooting, the steps are:

1. Emacs launches the Java part of the debugger
2. The Java part tells Emacs to connect to a specific port (the
dbo-command-result 1 59464 line in *JDEbug*)
3. Emacs is supposed to connect to that port, getting sockets to connect to
stdin, stdout and stderr of the debuggee process.

I know that some fix to that connection process was made, and it could be
that it was later than 2.2.8. There are only two things I can suggest:

- try upgrading to 2.2.9beta8, it works really well in general, and may
contain a fix to your problem.
- try to figure out why such a high port number as 59464 is used. That seems
kind of suspicious, although it shouldn't be a problem in itself.

/ Petter