> Ok, thanks for the advice. I installed jde2.2.9beta12
> manually, and it is better. I also move to
> xemacs21.4.9 (gamma version).
>
> I now succeed in doing a full JDEbug session (with
> breakpoints etc.), but... the "local variables" buffer
> keeps totally empty. Sources are yet compiled with -g,
> and I did not see any strange message anywhere.

I think this works for me. I had to make a few minor
changes for the XEmacs package - so you still might
want to try it. Actually it is already available in the
pre-releases directory on ftp.xemacs.org

> By the way, things are quite slow, and xemacs
> core-dumps sometimes at kill-emacs()...

I believe that the core dump is a known bug in Solaris
Motif, you should check the PROBLEMS file for Solaris
patches you might need to apply.

andy