  Heinz-Dieter> hi all,

  Heinz-Dieter> i occassionally move project between computers or make
  Heinz-Dieter> a test copy into a different location. what always
  Heinz-Dieter> irrates me about this process is the prj.el file.

  Heinz-Dieter> since i would like to have the same properties, i see
  Heinz-Dieter> no point in clicking myself to the options. after all,
  Heinz-Dieter> most of the time all i have to do is modify the
  Heinz-Dieter> starting directory in the global classpath, the
  Heinz-Dieter> sourcepath and perhaps some other properties too.

  Heinz-Dieter> is there any way that the prj file could determine
  Heinz-Dieter> it's own directory? so that e.g. instead of

  Heinz-Dieter> '(jde-global-classpath (quote ("/first/path")
  Heinz-Dieter> ("/path/to/prj/directory"))

  Heinz-Dieter> one could write something more generic and portable?

  Heinz-Dieter> tia for any ideas, heinz-dieter conradi

"..", and presumably "." are interpreted correctly by the project file
system, relative to the location of the project file.

So for instance I have directory structure like so...

top-level/src
top-level/classes
top-level/lib

and so on, where "top-level" is whatever you want to call you
top-level directory.

>From the prj.el file (which is in "src") I have the following
settings...

 '(jde-global-classpath (quote ("../classes" "../lib" "../lib/build")))

which is completely relocatable.

This is important for me, as we have several developers using JDE, so
I tend to check prj.el into CVS, so that I an maintain it for
everyone. Clearly it has to be relocatable.

I run under unix, but several of the developers are using windows, and
it seems to work for both.

Cheers

Phil