From: Paul Kinnucan [mailto:paulk@;mathworks.com]
Sent: dinsdag 5 november 2002 7:59
To: Janek Schwarz
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Jde Ant Program not normalized

Janek Schwarz writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I just found that in JDEE 2.2.9beta12 the content of the jde-
 > ant-program variable does not get normalized. I.e., when I set
 > the variable to "~/src/sico/sico-office/ant" on windows, JDEE
 > tries to actually execute it as such, resulting in an error that
 > the program "~/src/sico/sico-office/ant" can't be found.
 >
 > Environment:
 > JDEE 2.2.9beta12
 > Emacs 21.1.1 on Windows

Hi Janek,

I have second thoughts about making this change. I do not use Ant
and other contributors created and have been maintaining Ant.
I'd prefer to defer to them as to what the best way is to handle
this. There is a variable jde-ant-home that specifies the home
directory of ant. Shouldn't the path of the ant program be
jde-ant-home/jde-ant-program? Thus wouldn't it be better
to construct the path to the program as follows:

(expand-file-name 'jde-ant-program
  (expand-file-name (substitute-in-file-name jde-ant-home)))\

- Paul