Hi,

>  > I saw an RPM of the jde but the version was older. Is there a recent
>  > rpm? Thanks. It's really something useful to have because there are so
>  > many packages to load already.

I had similar problem to yours when I wanted to start to use JDEE package.
Additionally I use both windows+cygwin and Linux system almost the same
amount of time every day.
At last I created universal script for installing JDEE and all required
packages.
It downloads everything what is needed from internet and installs in proper
directories.
I try to keep it up-to-date and with every new JDEE release I applying
required
changes for JDEE and new packages.
So I can recommend you to use this script or just look in it to see how to
easily
install these libraries.
It works well on both windows+cygwin and Linux (redhat-8.0) and should work
well also in other environments with common bash and emacs installations.

I sent this script few days ago to this list.

regards
Artur Hefczyc
--
Artur Hefczyc