I've been posting once every 10 days for weeks, and hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Problem:
-------
Not able to get any use out of jdebug yet.

With What:
---------
Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, Java 1.4 SDK, Tomcat 3.3 Servlet Engine, GNU Emacs 21.2.1, JDE 2.2.8, a web application that I'm trying to debug, compiled with -g option, running Tomcat from startup.bat with normal successful operation, have TOMCAT_OPTS set to:
-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=6001,server=y,suspend=n

-----------
I've gotten as far as successfully attaching to the Tomcat (v3.3) Server process. See below for output. The web application that I am trying to debug does not seem to stop at the breakpoint I set. When I try to Display->Variable, I get an obscure error message referring to an 'unbound slot'.

Other Stuff that May Matter:
---------------------------
On the JDE FAQ page, I noticed that it recommended starting the web server from the JDE. Since tomcat.bat and tomcat.sh are a few hundred lines long, I don't know if this is the best option. Is it necessary?

I found the simplified Tomcat startup commands in startup.sh, created a project file, and set the variables indicated in the FAQ entry. But then on JDE->Run App, it used javaw (?I am not using AWT) and the -v option, which crashed the starting of the vm. Any comments?

Thank You in Advance!
--------------------

Debugger Output
---------------

*** Debugger Output for Process 6001(1) ***

Attached to process on port 6001 of local host.
Attached VM (socket) Java Debug Interface (Reference Implementation) version 1.4
Java Debug Wire Protocol (Reference Implementation) version 1.4
JVM Debug Interface version 1.2
JVM version 1.4.0 (Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM, mixed mode)
Running 6001.
Setting breakpoint at line 390 in QueryOutput.java.
Resolved breakpoint set in QueryOutput.java at line 390.
Cleared breakpoint at line 390 in file QueryOutput.java
--
". . . / This Cabinet is formd of Gold / And Pearl & Crystal shining bright
And within it opens into a World / . . .