I was wondering if anyone had done any work on integrating JDE prj.el
files and ant. I would quite like JDEE to pick up various options
(well mostly the classpath!) as it has been set by ant. The
calculation of this in ant is currently fairly involved, and its a
pain to have to duplicate this in the JDEE files.

If not, I may have a go myself, if I can find the time. I can think of
two main possibilities....

1) Use one of ANT's FilterReader rules to do some sort of regexp
   matching on the prj.el file. This should work, except that the
   prj.el file will have to be manually reloaded, if point is
   currently within the project (which is quite likely).

2) Use an exec to launch gnuclient, and run "custom-set-value" or some
   such some, to directly change the value. Of course then the user
   will have to manually save the prj.el file. Of course, gnuclient
   could do that, but this might be undesirable if the user has
   manually change over variables that the do not want saving. Also
   this sort of assumes that point is currently within the project, or
   the wrong project file will get changed.

I'm sort of leaning toward the former.

Has anyone done something similar? Any one got opinions?

Phil