I've used the JDEbug support for several years, but decided to give the jdb
support a try, and I need a little help.

First of all, JDE 2.3.3beta5, Windows 2000, JDK 1.3.0.

I work in an environment where everything begins life compiled
with -g:lines.  I normally debug by recompiling the particular class(es) I
need with -g and run my program in the debugger, setting breakpoints in the
file(s) I recompiled and examining variables, etc. once the breakpoints are
hit.  This works fine with JDEbug in the current beta5.

If I change my debugger from JDEbug to jdb (leaving my environment otherwise
as it was), however, things do not work for me.  If I set a breakpoint on
the same line in the same file where I could stop with JDEbug, jdb
eventually reports no code at that line.    If I try to do a stop in
myClass.myMethod( ... ), or com.baa.mypackage.myClass.myMethod( ... ), jdb
eventually tells me it cannot find the method.

I do have the "use classic VM" option set, but it's not clear to me whether
jdb is paying any attention to that or not.

Recompiling everything with plain -g isn't a practical option, so I more or
less need to have the debugger function with my current working style
(hence, I haven't tried recompiling everything from scratch).  I could use
some suggestions for what might be going on or what to look at to figure out
what might be going on.

Thanks,

Martin Dickau, ByAllAccounts