Hi,

I try to figure out why completion does not work when I try to complete
on a Class name. Say the class FooBarBaz is somewhere on my classpath,
and I'm in a source buffer with point just after Foobar (the ^ denotes
point):

FooBar
      ^

trying to complete on the classname doesn't work, but I don't understand
why this is not enabled. When I have

FooBarBaz
         ^

trying to complete will insert an import statement for FooBarBaz and
leave my buffer looking like this

FooBarBaz()
           ^

So JDE already recognizes that the thing before point should be tried as
a classname, and an import statement should be generated if it is found.
Why can't it try to complete on the prefix FooBar then?
I even think that the () shouldn't be inserted into this case, because
most often what I try to do is something like FooBarBaz fbz = new
FooBarBaz(...) with completion on the available classes.

This is basically the only important thing left for me that makes
somthing like eclipse "stronger" in the completion area.

        jtl