Suraj Acharya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Intellij does this thing where if you type a open curly brace and then
> a return it inserts a matching closing brace and puts point
> on a empty line between the braces and indents the two newlines.

This functionality is a good thing.  However, I'm a little bit afraid
that people reinvent the wheel in lots of places.  For example, why
shouldn't C programmers be able to take advantage of this?

There is a package in Emacs already that allows paired insertion of
parentheses.  Maybe it is sufficient to augment this package with
doing newline and indentation?

"(autotype)Inserting Pairs" is the right info node, I believe.

Hm.

Of course, your functionality is different: you pair the brace only on
the subsequent newline.  Hm.  So maybe skeleton-pair is not the right
feature after all.

But still, why shouldn't other programmers also benefit?

Kai