"Eric M. Ludlam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>>I'm getting the weird effect shown in the attached GIF using JDE 2.3.4beta3
>>and cedet1.0beta2 on Emacs 21.3. All non-public methods are 'overlined',
>>which is really not pleasant. I guess it's some kind of highlighting of
>>non-public methods that has gone wrong - does anybody know of a
>>configuration setting to modify this behaviour or is it possibly a bug?
>   [ ... ]
>
> That is part of `semantic-show-tag-boundaries-mode'.  It actually
> overlines any method over a certain length (In characters.)

No, I think the original poster is talking about the highlighting of
private and protected methods. For some reason the default
face for private members is a cyan overbar (but colors for overbars
don't seem to work, on Windows at least), and rather than just over
the function name, it is over every line of the function - that is
annoying, and what is also annoying is that if you customize it to
off and save, next time you start Emacs, the customization does not
take effect because it is executed before semantic-turn-on-everything
(or useful-things).

The doc string says that the default face is a background color,
incidently.