Paul Kinnucan wrote:

I'd also appreciate it if someone who is using w3m on Unix would
take a look at the URL that the JDEE generates for local files and
tell me what's wrong with it and what URL would be acceptable
to w3m.

There was a thread about this last week. The problem is a double slash between the host part and filename part of the URL. A patch was posted, which I think will break things on Windows, since it replaced "//localhost/" with "//". I think a better solution is to look at the filename, and if it starts with a slash (Unix), use "//localhost" or "//", and if it doesn't (Windows), then use "//localhost/" or "///".