Not really. Maybe you can check the size of a fresh emacs process
occasionally to see if you can guess what might be triggering any
unwarranted memory usage. Did the memory size go up after you upgraded
emacs or jde or semantic or any particular package?

Are you using windows? My emacs process size goes up dramatically if I
access the machine it is running on using Windows Remote Desktop and
maximize the emacs window.

Suraj