Hi Emory,

It would be nice to try to isolate the problems that you are
experiencing, in particular, to try to determine if the problems
are with jdb or with Emacs/JDEE or with the two in combination.
A way to do this is to try a few debugging sessions, using
the jdb command line interface alone. My suspicion is that the
problem is with jdb on the Macintosh and that you'll experience
the same problems if you try using jdb standalone.

Paul