Mark Hansen once wrote:
> Thanks for everyone's help with this.  I'd like to get this "warning
> face" working on columns > 80.  I've tried this suggestion, but nothing
> is happening.  Below is my .emacs.  If anyone can see anything wrong,
> I'd appreciate the help.  (I'm kind of a newbie with customizing my
> emacs - have been using it "out of the box" for years, so sorry for
> bother this list again) ...

<.. .emacs snipped ..>

well, you could drop this in [apologies for extremely hacked version
of former reasonable elisp]:

(defun my-font-lock-max-width()
 "Adds a 80 character line-width"
 (font-lock-add-keywords nil '(("\\(.\\{80\\}\\)\\(.+\\)"
     2 font-lock-warning-face nil))))
(add-hook 'font-lock-mode-hook 'my-font-lock-max-width)

--

michael schupp
+44.[0].20.754.50621

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.