I am having difficulties trying to compile your program for Solaris 8.
I am using the latest version of GCC and GMAKE.  When running the
configure script, I get the following error messages:

Getting pth settings...././configure: pth-config: not found
././configure: pth-config: not found
././configure: pth-config: not found
././configure: pth-config: not found
Configuring GNU Pth (Portable Threads), Version 1.3.7 (29-Jul-2000)
Copyright (c) 1999-2000 Ralf S. Engelschall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Platform: sparc-sun-solaris2.8

Build Tools:
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables.
Error Configuring pthSetting Build Parameters...     Done.
Generating Settings Script...   Done.

What can we do to fix this problem?  Thanking you in advance for you
immediate response to this situation.

Charles St.Clair