> It can be seen in the modification of jabber.xml, the following
> name spaces still use xdb_file to manage.
>
> <xdb id="xdb_other">
>   <ns>jabber:iq:roster</ns>
>   <ns>jabber:iq:private</ns>
>   <ns>jabber:iq:register</ns>
>   <ns>jabber:iq:filter</ns>
>   <ns>jabber:x:offline</ns>
> [...]
> </xdb>
>
> is there a complete solution that do not need to use file to handle
> membership?
> or it is not supposed to do that?
xdb_ldap does not handle these namespaces yet. I've written xdb_ldap
and I'm currently working on shared groups support but I did not plan
to deal with these namespaces. (the main point is that namespaces like
offline or roster need a lot of writing and LDAP is only powerful for
reading, not for writing).
Anyway, any help is always appreciated and if someone wants to add
one of these namespaces ...

regards,

Benoit.

--