deliver and receive data with port 80.

It's possible, as can be seen from the following post on the devzone of
Jabber.org:

aviv - Apr 18, 2001 17:04:26 PM PDT
We tested HTTP proxy passthrough with server 1.4.1 in our proxy testing lab,
and this is working great. If the proxy supports ports other than
HTTP/HTTPS, it can be directly used to access the jabber server through the
standard ports. We were also able to set our jabber server listening on 80
as well as 5222, and then even more stricter proxies would go through. This
is really a fascinating extension that would enable a larger set of users to
work with the jabber technology.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Till next time
        Lance

-----Original Message-----
From: DJ Adams [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2001 08:25 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JDEV] Jabber through HTTP proxy.

Hi

There is a modification in the latest Jabber (1.4.1) to allow XML streams
to run over a proxy. There's at least one person who regularly uses an
HTTP proxy to connect to the jdev room, for example.

Check out http://jabber.org/?oid=972

Cheers
dj

This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is confidential
and not for third party unauthorised distribution.