DJ Adams wrote:
> > logins (may need less, but I am only using second-resolution at this
> > point) or I get errors. Also, I ended ripping out the karma code in
>
> Could this be the <rate/> ?

Doesn't seem to affect it. Also, I am experiencing problems even with
the default rate setting:

   <rate points="5" time="25"/>

What happens is that _usually_ by the third time I open a stream and
start sending data Jabber does NOT send the messages I send back to me.
I just use a select() to time-out after a second or so in order to abort
a read(), which would just hang. If I introduce a 1-second delay (maybe
shorter, but this is the value I'm using now) then I have no problems. I
can connect X times and each message I send is sent back to me.

You can see the problem by running active_jab, from the test suite, as:

$ ./active_jab -s localhost -j crack -t 5

This produces the time-outs. If I use:

$ ./active_jab -s localhost -j crack -t 5 -w 1

Then I get no time-outs.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Regards, Dustin

> dj

Dustin Puryear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://members.telocity.com/~dpuryear
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams