There are quite some people out there using Jabber on MacOS Classic
and MacOS X. But I never really see/hear/notice much of us.

There have been several attempts to get the jabber server running on
MacOS X. But I can't find any resources on it, and I was never able
to get it running myself (it always dies quickly)

There are several client projects going on (including the ones I
(co-)work on, Jabbernaut and JabberFoX). But most are not released,
or can't be found, or are not actively developed anymore, or have
other limitations.

Why isn't there more collaboration? If we would join efforts, I am
sure much more could we done.

So here is what I propose:

1) If you haven't yet, join the Jabber-Macintosh mailing list! Do it
here http://mailman.jabber.org/listinfo/mac-dev

2) Let's collect all the success/problems encountered with getting
the server to run on OS X. In particular, what changes to the source
are necessary? What is not working? Why is it not working? What can
we do about it?.

3) Get together talking about clients. I'd love to hear about other
clients out there for MacOS X.

4) On the long term, we would want to enable dynamic lib building for
Jabberd, and provide a nice Cocoa app to administrate it. Let's try
to make OS X one of the best platforms to run a Jabber server on ;)

5) And other stuff, too! Please make suggestions what could be done
to give Jabber on MacOS and especially MacOS X a boost.

Remember: Joined resources equal to more power!

Max