Sorry I missed it - and will miss the next one, too - bad day for me.

But after reviewing the log, here's my $0.02 worth (assuming we live in an
open source democracy):

I vote to call the protocol IMTP (Instant Messaging Transport Protocol) ala
HTTP, FTP, et. al.

I think "Jabber Powered" or "Powered By Jabber" are actually misnomers,
unless you actually have a Jabber Server embedded in your product.  If your
product is a client, I would assume that advertising that it is "IMTP
compliant" would be what you really want.  I mean after all, we don't want
AIM to be "Powered by Jabber" but it sure would be nice if it were "IMTP
Compatible"

Further, it was my assumption when beginning to work with Jabber that
"Jabber" (the word) referred to the Open-Source Linux Server Project.  I
understand that the server has now been renamed to Jabelin, which is kinda
cool, but is that actually a rename, or is that just a code-name for a new
version of the server?

If it's an actual rename, then I suppose some clarification is in order (TBD
by the foundation, I would assume) as to what exactly "Jabber" is and who
can use it.  In all honesty, since the server has been renamed, it's quite
possible that the word "Jabber" might come out of common use and the whole
discussion of who owns the trademark becomes moot.

:)

Thanks,
MikeE