From: Colin Madere [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2001 9:45 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [JDEV] Multiple logins

Just FYI to everyone, this is a feature, not a bug (the connect/disconnect flip-flop problem is just an unfortunate side-effect).  With the internet as flakey as it is due to many variables (not the least of which is the DDoS attacks related by Jer) I think auto-reconnect is a must.

I DO like the idea that a client should only do this if it didn't get a proper disconnect notice, but that's something that client developers should handle :)  I think a more verbose stream:error would be great and using codes (for non-english speakers AND so programmatic behavior can be set up) is an excellent idea.

Colin