Hi, it's me.  Mr. "Still doesn't have a clue about Jabber".  How would I be
able to get Jabber Weekly News fed to me as Jabber messages ala the
wonderful Al Sutton/PersonalBuddy Slashdot machine?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 6:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Foundation] (jrss) Re: Jabber Weekly News

FYI, since I had experience last week throwing the back end of
jogger.jabber.org together, and since this came up in the meeting today I
decided it wouldn't be hard to assemble a variant of jogger just for pure
RSS feeds.

So, in cvs right now as "jrss" and running as the service jrss.jabber.org
is what I did this afternoon.  It's very rudimentary and simple in that
when anyone sends a message like:

<message
        to='[EMAIL PROTECTED]/http://demo.org/'
        from='[EMAIL PROTECTED]/home'>
<subject>just testing</subject>
</message>

and then they hit the php script (also in cvs):

        http://jabber.org/rss.php?channel=demo

results in:

<title>just

I also added a simple hack to the rss.php so that you can modify the
default channel-level title and link by sending a body of "channel":

<message
        to='[EMAIL PROTECTED]/http://jabber.org/'
        from='[EMAIL PROTECTED]/home'>
<subject>Demo Channel</subject>
</message>

and the rss is then:

Jabber by [EMAIL PROTECTED]</description><item><title>just

So, if anyone wants to use it to easily generate RSS for Jabber Weekly
News, it's now easier than ever!

I'm hoping someone will be inspired by the inadequacies in jrss as well as
the possibilities, and I'd be happy to give them CVS access.  I don't
personally plan on doing any major updates to it, it was just an afternoon
distraction and nifty demo :)

Jer